WBC is an imperfect community of believers, simply striving together to become more like the "Author and Finisher" of our faith, the Lord Jesus Christ.
- In 1989, the Association of Baptists for World Evangelism began a church planting effort in suburban Philadelphia. Originally, the church met in the home of its founding pastor, Marty Vidal, then moving to meet in a childcare center. After Pastor Vidal went into the mission field in Romania in 1992, Pastor Robert Gattorna was called to be the new pastor. Haddon Heights Baptist Church, Shawnee Baptist Church, and Bethel Baptist Church supported us until Washington Baptist Church (WBC) became self-supporting in 1994.
- In 1997, Lee and Jessica Martin were called from Connecticut to join the staff.
- In 2007, Pastor Lex DeLong was called from Alaska to take the Lead Pastor Role after Pastor Gattorna's retirement.
- In 2019, Pastor D. "Eddie" Newton was added to the staff as Associate Pastor.
- We identify with the Regular Baptist Ministries and the Garden State Fellowship of Regular Baptist Churches
and hold to the Normative, literal interpretation of Scripture.
- Our worship style is a blend of Hymns, spiritual songs, and more modern praise songs, characterized as non-traditional yet not heavy contemporary.
- Our goal is to be worship focused on our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ while striving to avoid anything that would distract from showing forth God's glory. All are welcome to be our guest and worship with us at our various services and events.
If you have not yet found a church you can call home, please come and take a close look at what the Lord is doing with His people in Washington Township and pray about what God might have for you to be a part of here at WBC. Our goal as a church family is to be Devoted to God and Each Other and strive to bring others in to it.